Sunday, July 25, 2010

THIS WEEKS EMAILS

Hola a todos,
This is my last letter here in the mission field and I feel like I should have some super inspiring words but I’ll be honest I really don’t feel like writing too much, I’ll be seeing y´all next week. I can’t believe this whole experience is coming to an end. The feelings are so weird, you want to stay because you love the people and enjoy the time you get to testify of the truthfulness of the gospel but then again you are excited to see you family and begin your life with all that you have learned and applicate them. I decided to read about Job these last few weeks of my mission and am learning a lot from him. He suffered EVERYTHING possible and even his friends turned on him. In chapter 4 of Job his friend reminds him how he had preached so much before and now he has to actually apply the things he has taught to his own life as he has had to suffer. I thought about myself. All the times that I have walked into homes and cried repentance to the people and begged them to change their lives and do the small things like praying, reading and going to church. All the times I told couples to apply love and forgiveness in their relationships, or the times that I told the men they need to step it up, or the kids I remind to stay away from dance clubs and parties. Now I need to go home and live these teachings, I need to be an example for my converts. It is a scary thought but I know that as long as I am obedient the Lord will provide.
I KNOW WITH ALL MY HEART AND MIND THAT THIS IS THE ONLY TRUE CHURCH OF GOD. I know that Joseph smith was a Prophet and that the Book of Mormon is the word of God along with the bible. I know that Christ is our Savior and through him we can be saved!
I LOVE YOU ALL, KEEP THE FAITH
Hna Redfern


Hey all! well this week was another great one. The best thing about the mision is just being able to watch how fast people progress in the Lord. To watch the change of their countenance, watch them really start to believe and desire to do well. I love the Lord for giving me this wonderful opportunity to be here, its miraculous. Everyday we stop people in the street and present ourselves as representatives of Jesucristo. Isn't that so cool. I know im not the most amazing representative of Him, but i know that the Lord has always put me where i need to be. Its truly amazing, next week there will be 5 baptisms, and its going to be a marvelous day. I know the Lord has blessed us with success and I know it comes directly from Him. Like the Lord told the sons of Mosiah, if the were willing to be patient in their afflictions, and be diligent, the Lord would give them success. I know we have to put in our best even more, and work harder everyday, give a more constant effort. Everyday is a chance to learn and to grow, and to keep fighting for a spot in the mansions of the Father. Ive started to realize how much satan does really blind us here on earth with things that aren't necessarily bad, but keep us from doing really good things. The Internet movies and all types of entertainment can be used wholly and worthily, but can also distract us from the goal of this life, return with God, that's the reason we came here. I see it more as a missionary now, now that we don't watch TV or movies or barely use the Internet. What I'm really trying to relate is is that there is absolutely nothing in front of the Gospel. There are elders in all of the world that when they left there homes to begin a mission their families no longer talk to them, but they did it because they understood this. I am so grateful that God has given me a family that has supported me so much in my whole life. I truly hope to be a better instrument in the Lords hands everyday, and use my time wisely, because i know that it goes by fast. i love you all so much and hope you have a great week.
Elder Redfern

No comments: