Tuesday, November 2, 2010

2 MORE DAYS....

HIS LAST BAPTISM

Hey everybody! Well this week was another great one. My comp received a new comp from the MTC and so it was a lot of this this week being with him and watching him progress. But the best part was the fact that on Saturday we had the very first baptism of the new branch of Teteles. It was truly a very special experience and I thank God that he allowed me to be able to be there and participate in this historical moment for this new growing branch. He is Beto, a 56 year old man who loves the book of mormon and is so excited to be a worthy priesthood holder. He is great and it was a very special weekend. Tonight we are opening the first official house of prayer that is here, it is a house we are renting but it is way nice and very comfortable to be a adequate house of Prayer. Every day i thank the Lord for the wonderful opportunity he gave me to serve in this amazing area, to witness such miracles and to start the work in these small towns. What a blessing it truLy is i don't understand how the Lord could have blessed me so. The mission has been a life changing experience, I will not pass a single day without remembering the sweetness of the Lords work. THe true joy that is only found in service and diligence through helping His children find the way back to him. I know i have done nothing, and this is truly His work, but i feel ever grateful to have been a part of it, to witness it, and to feel this joy. I give thanks to everyone of you whom have supported me during these two years, i just cant believe how fast they have gone. I still dont believe I will return home this week. I think I´ll stay, Our branch President doesnt have a second counselor and he said he would call me if i offered to stay. We´ll see. I know that this is the one and only living and true church of the Lord Jesus Christ here on this earth, that Jose Smith was truly the Lords Revelator in these last days. I know the my Redeemer lives, and loves each and every one of us. I love you all and have a great week!
Elder Redfern

3 comments:

lindquist said...

Oh how sweet! Hard to believe he's done. Only one more to go, huh Tone? Our kids get older, but we sure don't, right? ;) Love you girlie!
Velenti

Randi said...

oh my gosh! He'll be home soon! yay! He has grown so much!

Los Hansen said...

Oh! That Elder Redfern could stay just a little longer . . .

Con amor,
Pdte. J Peter Hansen
MisiĆ³n Veracruz