Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Hey mommy! it was crazy seriously we were out in the middle of the hurricane trees falling down tin flying everywhere in the mission SUV hat we have in the offices going to pick up missionaries trapped in their houses. It was something else seriously. WE had to get out several times to move things out of the way and within 5 sseconds completely soaked everything. It was pretty cool haha because well no1 was hurt and everything was over in a couple hours. But yes mom i am out of the offices! My last change Will be here in the field. President Johnson the area President of Mexico put in a policy that means the assistant's should not finish their missions i the offices when their work is too valuable to train new missionaries. So I get to have a once in a life time chance to open a brand new branch where missionaries haven't been ever assigned. Its awesome truly the best way i think i can finish my mission. WE a re going to work so much, we have nobody ha but we will find and teach and try to establish the work in all the tiny little towns that make up this branch. I know I'm nothing special but I don't understand why the Lord has blessed me with so many great opportunities in the mission. My companion is a GREAT young elder and humble. Maybe we wont have so much success right now, but the Lord will get his work done here, maybe i´ll see part of it or maybe we´ll just work and the blessings will come later, but I'm excited. Its going to be hard but fun. I love you mom i hope that i can everyday learn to be more humble i know that I'm just a normal elder, not the greatest teacher nor the best in anything, but i do want to finish working strong. I love you mom!
Elder Redfern

Hey everybody! Well everything fine and calmed down. The hurricane came fast and went fast. It was a crazy experience and a good amount of damage done. Lots of flooding, lots of trees down, and the saddest part was how many people had tin and or wood houses blown away. It was insane too see the damage. But actually i am no longer in the city or sate of Veracruz. I'm now in Teteles, Puebla, a brand new branch that was created yesterday in ward conference and my companion (E. Vargas) and I are having a great opportunity to be a part of this. I am so happy to be out working here up in he mountains! Yup its cold here its crazy! Well by cold i mean like 60 degrees but im freezing. It gonna be so much fun though we are so ready, we went around getting to know the area and its been awesome. My companion is a great young elder and ready to work. So we are happy. Also the day i left we baptized Oscar Eduardo a son of a recent convert, it was so amazing to see the tender mercies of the Lord who allowed the heart of the father of that boy to receive a valid baptism. The Lord truly blesses us more than we understand. I love the mission i hope all is well and that everyone is doing great. I love you all!!
Elder Redfern

No comments: